Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Why Not


"It's funny how money change a situation,
Miscommunication leads to complication,
My emancipation don't fit your equation,
I was on the humble, you on every station...

Gained the whole world for the price of your soul,
Tryin' to grab hold of what you can't control,
Now you're all floss, what a sight to behold,
Wisdom is better than silver and gold...

Can't slick talk on the day of judgement,
Your movement's similar to a serpent,
Tried to play straight, how your whole style bent?
Consequence is no coincidence...

I know that you don't wanna hear my opinion,
But there come many paths and you must choose one,
And if you don't change then the rain soon come,
See you might win some but you just lost one...

Now don't you understand man, universal law?
What you throw out comes back to you, star!
Never underestimate those who you scar
Cause KARMA – KARMA – KARMA - comes back to you hard...

Now, some might listen and some might shun
And some may think that they've reached perfection
If you look closely, you'll see what you've become
Cause you might win some but you just lost one...

You might win some but you just lost one.
You might win some but you just lost one.
You might win some but you just lost one.
You might win some but you just lost one."

- Excerpts of LOST ONES from 'The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill'
---> Currently in Andie's crazy loop playlist on Repeat

Hey…Wassup yo! Guess who in da house tonight? Nah, forget it. I can’t be bothered to keep that up.

And if you haven’t heard the song above, I suggest you download it NOW. That’s not even half of it, and I simply love all of its lyrics. Now she’s the real meaning of ELOQUENCE.

Some quick updates and shout-outs:

Congrats, Bobby, on getting the part, and I hope you will blow people away with the undeniably PIVOTAL role. This musical is going to change our lives and maybe it is the golden opportunity that you’ve been waiting for, ever since I first met you years ago. Oh wait…Does he even visit this site? Pass on the message for me, please.

Nurul Hunney, Happy Belated Birthday, and I knew you would like the gift. It’s a great photo of you. And I’m all about vanity and self-celebration (as opposed to pretentiousness and defeatist attitude), which should be encouraged, not scorned on, right? ; P Many thanks to Diana for chasing after our autographs, too. That must’ve NOT been easy.

Rash, I love how you see through me, and I think you’re a spectacular individual yourself. Sing it with me: “The rainstorm and the river are my brothers/The heron and the OTTER are my friends/And we are all connected to each other/In a circle, in a hoop that never ends…/Can you sing with all the voices of the mountain?/Can you paint with all the colours of the wind?


And oh, everybody, all the colours of the rainbow can never do any one of our extra QUIRKY personalities justice, and so as for colour-coded entries, what-ever. PS Have I met this guy that’s supposed to play MasJoko? What?
Just kidding bah! Serious jua eh…

Also do the celeb-lookalike pics, everyone, and post them up. It would be so COOL.

Can’t wait to watch ‘West Side Story’ again for the third (!) time and see how a LOCAL (!!) production would hold up to the film or London’s West End versions.

And now for the obligatory post-not-complete-without-at-least-one-attached PHOTO:




I hope you don’t mind, Keej, and not even sure if you’ve seen this. BEST SHOT OF THE WEEK. Simply copied it from Rano’s famous blog to re-paste here. Aww…Look at how gorgeous our high-profile leading lady is. Missin’ you = (

Speaking of which, I went to the website Joel recommended the other day - you know, musicaltheatreproduction.com. Turns out, it’s mostly for producers (Duh). But I did come across another webpage, which we as ACTORS may find useful. It might not be very comprehensive but it has some great tips. Highlights for your reading pleasure include ‘20 things every artist should know’ and ‘producing tears for the stage’.

If you can’t be bothered to surf, check out the extracted info below. Hopefully they’re helpful - then again and mind you, not SO for people who seem to think or believe they don’t NEED any help. I personally love the first-letter approach to remembering lines. It really works!
Me think have written enough. I’m exhausted and famished. It’s your turn
: >
From http://www.musicaltheatreaudition.com/

"Scene/Monologue Specific Questions:

Who is the character talking to and where is this person located?
What is the relationship between the character and the people to whom he/she is speaking?
What has happened just before the character starts speaking?
What provokes the character to speak?
How does the character change from beginning to end of the scene/monologue?
What is the character's objective during the monologue?
What does he/she hope to accomplish by saying it and what different tactics does he/she use during it to accomplish the goal?"

"Our List of Memorisation Tricks:

Cue cards (one for each scene, which also can be used to keep track of blocking).

Tape recording (make a tape of only the other character's lines, then use it to rehearse - this is great if you do a lot of driving).

Rehearse with a friend or relative.

Read the line above yours, covering your next line with a sheet of paper. Say the line, lower the paper to check for accuracy. Repeat as you work your way through the scene.

Write out the lines on a sheet of paper writing down only the first letter of each word. For example:

(From "Our Town" by Thornton Wilder)

Emily: I can't bear it. They're so young and beautiful. Why did they ever have to get old? Mama, I'm here. I'm grown up. I love you all, everything. - I cant look at everything hard enough.

Would be read as: Emily: I c b i. T s y a b. W d t e h t g o? M, I h. I g u. I l y a, e.-I c l a e h e.

I do this for both long paragraphs I need to learn, or monologues...but also for dialogue I have trouble with. You can either write out the other person's lines in their entirety between your lines, or you can just write a snippet of them to help jog your memory. Hope this helps a bit, it usually does me some good."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home